Saturday, June 7, 2008




Millions, by Frank Boyce, is a realistic fiction book about a boy named Damian and his brother Anthony. A bag filled with cash came tumbling out of the air and landed right at Damian's feet. Suddenly the brothers are rich!


The main character of this book is Damian. Since their mother died, Damian is trying to be like a "saint." He is honest, prays a lot, and performs good deeds. When the money fell from the sky he thought it was a gift from God.


The reading strategies I used when reading this book were making mental images and making connections. I wondered how I would react if I find millions of dollars.


I enjoyed reading this book. I like the way the author uses dialogue to describe the scenes. The author is a film director, and is comfortable with the use of dialogue in this book.


The author of this book is Frank Boyce. He also wrote Cosmic and Framed. Millions is a Kirkus Review editors' Publishers Weekly Best Book and a winner of the Carnegie Medal.

No comments: