Saturday, December 29, 2007




The Spiderwick Chronicles, Lucinda's Secret, by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black, is a great fantasy book about fairies. This book informs the reader about the troubles that Jared, Simon and Mallory are experiencing because they have Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World.

One of the Grace twins is named Jared. Jared is clever. For example, he devised a plan and tricked a wood elf into releasing him after he was captured by this elf.
Jared's twin is named Simon. Simon is an animal lover. He keeps a griffin named Byron in the carriage house.
I enjoyed reading The Spiderwick Chronicles, Lucinda's Secret. This book is one of my favorite fantasy books. I like the way the author at the end of this book writes something about the characters in his next book to gain the interest of the reader and entice the reader to read more about these characters in his subsequent book.
The reading strategies I used in reading this book are summarizing and making mental images. Since I didn't read the first book of the series, I summarized after each chapter to understand the series better.
The authors of the book The Spiderwick Chronicles, Lucinda's Secret are Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black. These authors wrote the entire Spiderwick series. I especially enjoyed how the authors make the reader curious to read more.

No comments: