Sunday, November 4, 2007

Artemis Fowl, The Lost Colony


Artemis Fowl, The Lost Colony, by Eoin Colfer, is about the 8th family of fairies who live in Limbo, an island "out of time" in a different dimension. Something has gone wrong, and the people of Limbo are teleporting to Earth against their wishes. Now Artemis, Holly, Butler, a girl who also knows about the fairy people, and two powerful fairies of the 8th family have to figure out why that is happening and fix it.

One of the two fairies is named No1. No1 is different from the other fairies on Limbo. He is more peaceful and cannot warp like the other fairies.


Abbot is the villain in this book. He is the leader of Limbo because he brainwashed the other fairies to think he is a great hero.

I enjoyed reading Artemis Fowl, The Last Colony. This is my favorite book of the series. Eoin Colfer, the author, constantly surprises the reader more than any of his other books that I've read.

The reading strategies I used in this book were imaging and summarizing. I could imagine Artemis' expression when he was carrying the bomb to the volcano. After every chapter, I summarized what happened. This helped me get a better image of what was occuring in the book.

The author of the Artemis Fowl series is Eoin Colfer. Out of the entire Artemis Fowl series, I think The Lost Colony is his best book. This book is my favorite because it ends with a big surprise! I heartedly encourage you to read this book, if nothing else, to discover this amazing surprise.

5 comments:

rene said...

the demons and imps are not fairies.
You need to get it straight. and who is the other powerful "fairie"?
Qwan? or Holly? if holly then the imp is the 1st family not the 8th.
!@#@!@#$%^^&^$%^&*((*&^%$%&**(*&^%$#@%^&*(&%$#@!@#$%^&*((*&^%$#@!@#$%^&**&^%$#@!@#$%^&*&^%$#@!@#$%^&!

rene said...

Sorry I went crazy.

rene said...

also. If qwan was the other warlock then you are talking about the end.

rene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rene said...

also Abott didnt brain wash. He said he want to earth and got stuff that would help them kill humans so they praised him.